Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Game speaks on Dre production on Purp & Patron

Photobucket

"Everything on that is new. [I recorded the songs with Dre] probably a couple months ago in late July. I was just trying to fill a mixtape, so I just put as many shits as I could. They didn’t necessarily have to be Dre songs, or Cool and Dre. I just was going through the hard drive and whatever I found that was of good quality and recent recording, I gave to Skee. And some of those had already leaked, maybe a verse or hook. The whole version didn’t leak, so that’s why I threw the Dre joints out because they had already leaked. [In terms of having a song with Ashanti], I don’t think she was riding with anything. She separated herself from the beef if anything. Dre called me and was like, ‘You ever work with Ashanti?’ and I was like, ‘Nah.’ He was like, ‘Are you opposed to it?’ And I said, ‘Nope.’ So we did it."

No comments: